Training for Existing Teaching Assistants
Key Schools Academy provide a national programme to deliver the Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 2 and 3 qualifications to EXISTING Teaching Assistants who do not currently hold the qualification. In addition we work with existing staff who are not proficient in English, Maths and ICT.
You may need to use your Levy digital account to fund your existing staff through the qualification or a small contribute of 10% and the government will fund the remaining 90% of the cost of the Apprenticeship. However, this may be fully funded if your staff member is aged between 16-18 years old. The staff here at Key Schools Academy are more than happy to help and guide you through this process.
All the training is delivered on the school premises, and remotely through digital methods (online resources, webinars etc). Training is delivered on a one to one basis through qualified Support Teaching and Learning Consultants.
Your staff will benefit from the latest training on how to support teachers inside and outside of the classroom, including a selection of optional units so that you can customise each learners learning to their own job role. Successful learners will receive a QCF listed nationally recognised qualification in Supporting Teaching Learning in Schools. Ofsted reports have frequently highlighted the positive impact of qualified Teaching Assistants.
Learners will receive a training and assessment visit from a Key Schools Academy Training Consultant every 6-8 weeks; and will have on-line progress reviews each month. Learners will need to spend 3 hours per week undertaking personal study on top of these visits, this may be at home or as part of their time within the school week. We have found this works really well as the staff member is not restricted to evening classes or weekends. We find doing the qualification in small regular intervals throughout the week is having a positive impact on their role as a Teaching Assistant and growing their skills and knowledge. The programme enrols all year round and is flexible to different school terms. Any questions call the Key Schools Academy team on 0191 908 4397.
Now the Apprenticeship Levy has been introduced all staff can get involved including staff members who hold a degree, (staff must be employed for 16 hours per week). There is no limit to the number of Apprentices each school can enrol, in fact the more learners at each school the better as they can support each other in their learning. If you are unsure if your staff member would qualify call the Key Schools Academy team on 0191 908 4397.
At the moment the Apprenticeship service only supports the English Apprenticeship System, so any schools in England with eligible learners across England can join the programme.
Staff completing the Supporting Teaching Learning in Schools Level 2 can continue to Supporting Teaching Learning in Schools Level 3 providing they are in the correct role to meet the qualification units.
QCF Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 2 Certificate and Level 3 Diploma
- Child and young person development
- Support children and young people's positive behaviour
- Prepare and maintain learning environments
- Support extracurricular activities
How do I enrol my staff onto the programme?Apply
Complete the form with details of the staff who wish to enrol, and we will contact you in the next 3 days with a date when our consultant will enrol your staff and commence their learning.